“If you build it, they will come” may work for a baseball field, but it doesn’t for social media. We’ve put together a list of 11 places to promote your online presence, whether you just launched a Facebook account for your promotional products business or want to boost followers to your existing accounts.
BONUS: Many of these tips are a great opportunity to sell promotional items to your clients, too!
- E-mail signatures
- Website home page
- E-newsletters and e-blasts
- Marketing collateral – brochures, flyers, mailers, letterhead, business cards
- Print and online ads
- Throughout your business space, such as on signs, counter mats and entrance mats. (Why not reach people right when they walk through the door?)
- T-shirts and corporate apparel
- Promotional items such as mugs, pens, koozies, hats and key chains
- Press releases
- Company vehicles
- On your other social sites – mention your Facebook account on Twitter, your LinkedIn account on Facebook, and so on
The Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest icons are well-recognized, so in many cases you can just use the icon and people will know to look for you on these sites. For digital marketing such as e-mail signatures and e-newsletters, link the icons to the sites so that people can just click to connect!
It’s also important to offer an incentive: tell people why they should follow you, such as to get exclusive information, tips, offers and discounts.
How do you promote your social media efforts? Please let us know in the comments!