You’ve got a great business and a great brand… but how can you spread the word? We’ve put together some tactics for building brand awareness.
- Start with a strong unique selling proposition (USP) and promote it everywhere. This includes your website, brochures and other marketing materials, business cards, and throughout your office or retail space on signs and attention-grabbing custom floor mats.
- Unique business card.
- Maximize the potential of the Internet. There are a number of free online SEO (search engine optimization) guides available (like this one) to help you boost the search rankings of your website. Create a Google+ Local or Google+ Business account to help show up in search results. Poll your customers and prospects to see which social media sites they use, and then create accounts for your business and engage with your audience. Add the social media network icons to custom mats to encourage people to follow you.
- Ask your happy customers for referrals. Consider offering an incentive, such as a free gift or discount coupon, for every referral that results in a sale.
- Use promotional products to get your brand seen. Use logo’d items like car magnets, tote bags, hats, visors and t-shirts to turn your car, employees, customers and prospects into mobile billboards for your business!
- Send e-newsletters and email campaigns to stay top of mind with customers and prospects. Offer exclusive discounts, helpful tips and other information of value so that people look forward to hearing from you. To encourage sign-ups, give people a logo’d promotional item or discount coupon as a reward for subscribing. And be sure to check out these tips for maximizing your email marketing.
- Use custom mats outside your entrances to entice people to stop and come in. Custom mats are proven to increase sales. In addition to using them as entrance mats, you can place them throughout your business space, including on counters and at the point of purchase, to promote products and special offers.